My visiting teaching companion is the best. She worked so hard and made my boys halloween costumes. I am never this on the ball with costumes. Wyatt wanted to be Thor and Jackson wanted to be Mario. She is so talented!
The last couple weeks have been hard. Like emotionally exhausted, grief-filled hard. I left work on 6/12/2019 at 3:30 as usual in order to make it home in time for a four o'clock class. This puts me in the door at 3:45 and gives me 15 minutes to catch up with Pete before heading up to my room for two and a half hours. This class was winding down and I only had two sessions left. No big deal. Pete's uncle had passed away earlier in the day and he was trying to figure out if he needed to head up to Lewiston for a memorial. We were just doing our usual small talk and I got a message from my sister. She said that Mom was on her way to the hospital because Dad had been taken to the emergency room. It said that he had been found passed out in the parking lot at work. He had been having some trouble with bronchitis and another infection so we thought it was probably related to that. I must have known something was wrong because I flippantly said to Pete, "My dad trumps your unc...
My sister Devri is about the only person who could convince Pete to do this. I made up my mind a long time ago not to push and to just let him do what he was going to do. He has been going to church with me since we moved in with my parents barring a few weeks when he really wasn't feeling well. Anyway, Devri challenged him to race her reading the Book of Mormon. I was suprised when after some thought he agreed. We have been looking for a Replica of the 1833 edition. It was the first edition released. He is hoping that will make it more like a book for him. I am happy to help him look for one since I wouldn't mind a copy myself. I told him not to do this for me and to make sure he was serious about it if he were to do it. We haven't started yet since we haven't found the copy he wants, but we will start soon. We are in Salt Lake for a check up and plan to search the Deseret Book Stores in the area. Maybe I should take this opportunity to read again on my own, I know I w...
I have been crocheting since I got back from Ririe. Grandma showed me how to make the hot pads that are really nice and thick so I have made a bunch of those. Trying to figure out new things...I am making a scarf for one of my step daughters. It is really soft and nice and I hope she likes it. Anyway I am not sure yet what do do with all of it. I have made about five potholders and gave some to Pete's mom and Grandma. I think I will make more for others. It is nice to have something to do and still not be zoned out. I want to make an afghan or more... I just need some patterns.
Comments