I know at least that they want to treat Pete for 18 months. We still have the neurosurgeon today so we will see how that goes. We need to go back to the Infectious Disease Clinic in two weeks.
On my mind are the following things:
1) They want to give Pete another MRI, but here is the rub. Their financial advocate can only discount the price and then have us give a fifty percent down payment at time of service. He estimated this on the phone for me at $400. I don't have that. So I need to figure out my way around all this to get Pete the care he needs. These stupid people were told we were broke and no insurance or jobs. I am hoping this is still the right thing to do when everything told us to do it. I am with Pete and starting to doubt but will work through it.
2) I need a job. The doctor told Pete he would likely not be able to work for the next 18 months. So I need to find a job. Simple enough if not complicated by the fact that Pete needs to be in SLC for treatments or checkups every few weeks and if they decide to shunt his brain he will need to be admitted to the hospital. What do I do with this?
3) I want to be there for Pete, and the boys, and take care of everything I need to do for my family. I am supposed to be the strong one and balance all this, but I don't know how. We need some income for gas and some food and to pay the cell phone, but his unemployment doesn't last forever and I am not sure how much longer we can file anyway.
I am sure that the purpose of this is to come out stronger on the other side, but it doesn't make it any easier for me to do all I need to do for my family.