Going back to school....

Deciding to go back to school has been an interesting journey for me. Pete has been hounding me since I graduated to go on and do more school. At that point, I was burned out and there was no going back. Gradually I have warmed up to the idea, but nothing ever seemed to be what I wanted to do... I tinkered with the idea of nursing school when Pete was really sick, but anyone who knows me knows I don't do smells - so ultimately bad idea....

A month or so ago I was talking to Taryn on the phone. She was having a bad night and I was trying to be there for her. I was inspired (it had to be inspiration) with a couple of solutions for her, but then another thought came to me. I was directed to my patriarchal blessing. There is a couple lines there that basically tell me I will be able to see the problems of others and give them wise counsel. For the first time, I thought of this as a possible career path. It came to me as clear as could be but hesitated. I wasn't sure I wanted to go back to school or how I could.

Pete, told me I ought to do it. So I finally sat down and applied for fafsa and my application to the University of Idaho. I chose to go back so I didn't have to transfer credits and I could improve my GPA.

Ultimately, I would love to be a therapist, either for myself or for LDS Family Services. I have talked to the counselors there before and I love the integration of the therapy with the same religious background. I hope this could be a way to turn mistakes I have made into a positive help for someone else. I have wanted to figure a way to help someone, maybe this is my way and the path I have been looking for. This is the first time I have felt like this could be what I want to do.

Comments

Devri said…
Wow Em. That sounds good! Are you going to do psychology or social work? You should find out what those counselors have their degrees in. Good work!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time no See

Update on life...

Memories!?!?!?