What am I Thankful for this THANKSGIVING?


 

Once again I have to take it upon myself to blog, since Emily is so busy with work, internship, and school.  She is in my opinion become Wonder Woman.  First off, I am thankful that I am alive; I sometimes need to remind myself of how close I came to not being here anymore.  I am thankful that I can stay home and take care of Henry; he brings me such joy seeing him discover new things every day.  I am thankful that we have enough money that I can stay home.  Only working during hunting season has been a blessing this year, I make enough to pay child support and it gives my family the Christmas presents without causing a strain in our budget.  I am thankful to be married to Wonder Woman; she has been my protector the last 4 years, I used to call her my replacement brain, for when I forgot something.  But I realize now how much she had to do for me when I forgot everything.  I would wake up every day before the brain surgery (knowing full well I was divorced from Kim) asking where Kassidy was.  I never could understand where she was every morning.  Every morning Emily would explain to me that she lives in Boise with her Mom, Shawn, and brother Noah.  Then would ask me if I understood, I always seemed to know once she told me.  When I woke up from the surgery, in my mind it was 1996, I was in recovery, was convinced that we had been in a wreck and Kassidy was gone.  I could not calm down, so they would not unstrap me from the operating table. After about 20 minutes of this, someone finally decided to get Emily, once I saw her everything snapped into place, I knew it was 2009, I knew who she was, and memories returned, almost like rebooting a computer.  I remember the good, the bad, and the ugly (lol) of my life.

I am thankful for an area that surprises me the most.  I am thankful for Nampa, I like it here, which does surprises me the most.  People ask me how is Boise, I don’t live in Boise I live in Nampa, big difference.  I don’t live in the fake capital of Idaho; I grew up in the first capital of Idaho.  I am not a Boise State fan, just because I live here, I am a Vandal; I attended and graduated from the True and Only University of Idaho, big difference.

I still find enjoyment in cutting meat, my stamina sucks because of the meningitis infection, so working full time may never become a reality, and I am finding this to be ok. Emily and I are more than likely buying a house in July when the lease is up on the Condo we are currently living in.  I am looking forward to doing yard work, maybe a “little” garden, not the 1/4 acre that my in-laws or Emily’s grandparents have.  I just don’t see myself as the canning person, but hell who knows.  I said I would never leave Northern Idaho, would never own a Toyota, sure as hell never live near Boise, never become a Mormon, and would never be happily married.  I am thankful that I was wrong about all of those too!

I am thankful for my entire family; Mom and John, Grandma, Dad and Marlene, my half-brother Michael, step sisters Cheri and Dianna, Emily’s parents (who took care of me and my family for way too long), her siblings Chelsea (who always gets a coke from me), Devri (the mother of the groom), McCallen (my favorite aviator), Taryn (who reminds me that I can be a big jerk sometimes), Ethan (who will become a grown up someday), I am thankful to be in a family that has given me nieces and nephews (Heather, Matthew, Michael, Sarah, Amber, Rachael, Aaron).  I am thankful for my girls, Lainey, Kassidy, and Katelyn.  I am thankful for my boys Jackson, Wyatt and Henry.

Comments

Chelsea said…
I may or may not have teared up a little. *sniff* And Henry happens to be pretty awesome. I don't know how you can not look at that kid and just get happy.
Devri said…
Ah Shucks. You really ought to blog more. Sorry it has taken me so long to see this...I've been SO busy! We love you. I never thought I would say that when I first met you, but it's true.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time no See

Update on life...

Memories!?!?!?