So much to be thankful for.

It is the time of year when people reflect on the things for which they are grateful. The first thing that crosses my mind, is that I am grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who knows us each on an individual level. Sometimes, that is a scary thought, but there is no other description.

In the last couple weeks I have been laid off and found new employment. I have been looking for a new place since August when I graduated with delays due to the bureaucracy of licensure. That aside, I marvel at the precision in which things happen. Due to the layoff, I have the opportunity of severance pay which only happens if I don't quit early. So in order to do that I requested during an interview to be able to start after the first of the year. The holidays make things complicated anyway so it wasn't an outlandish request.

Anyway, things worked out so I will be able to start shortly after my position at Ricoh ends. Even as my supervisor was breaking the news, I felt calm. I was grateful for a job that allowed me to take care of my family during a very busy time of my life when I needed something flexible. I couldn't have done it without the flexibility of the job that I have had. So instead of tears, I had gratitude.

These last two and a half years have been an amazing lesson in just how many little details our Heavenly Father pays attention to in our lives. We have had enough to pay our bills. We have had friends who have helped with the kids when we needed it. I have developed relationships with amazing people. At the same time I have learned a lot about me and how I feel about different things. I have grown in ways I never thought possible.

Right now, I just feel grateful and loved. It is those tender mercies that come that keep me going. It is often difficult to discern them during a very difficult situation, but when I look back.... I see my life interlaced with these tender mercies that God blesses us with almost daily.

I just wanted to testify that I know God lives, I know He loves us individually, I know that he grants us calm when it is needed.

Comments

Rebekah said…
Heavenly Father does know us. His peace is awesome. Where are you working now?
Emily said…
I will be starting with Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation as a Rehabilitation Counselor. Basically helping those with disabilities find and keep work.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time no See

Memories!?!?!?

Update on life...