Sick, Sick, Sick, and an ER Trip!

We have had sick around our house for about two weeks. Last week we took Wyatt to the doctor with an ear infection. He did pretty well, but he and Jackson both had sore ears and coughs.

I have had a sore throat, headache, cough and massive chest congestion. Pete has been down with a migraine and sinus trouble. He has had symptoms all over the map making the headaches worse. I want this all to be over, I thought Pete was feeling better today except he had been sleeping so much that he didn't sleep last night so it was hitting him again tonight.

Today I was in the other room and all of the sudded I hear this screeching from Jackson. He had cut his hand on a glass that I should have thrown away two days ago. It was cracked and the boys must have finished breaking it. I had blood all over my kitchen. I grabbed the closest dishtowel until I could look at it, Pete said it was a long gash so it was off to Valley Medical for the express care, the doctor there wasn't very gentle and we couldn't get Jackson to calm down. So they sent us to the ER where they could sedate him if necessary.

So we got to the ER, had Pete's mom pick up Wyatt and waited a little bit. Luckily a kid holding a bloody towel will bump you up in line in the ER. He got in and while we were waiting for a doctor they brought in three ambulances from a fire downtown. So the PA came in to stich up his finger. He was under Pete's coat so we didn't notice he wet his pants while he was waiting. I think he was just so traumatized. I went home and Pete stayed with him. He got to meet a fireman. I brought back some new clothes for Jackson and a new shirt for Pete. When I got there he was all stiched up and happy again. I will post the pictures later I need a minute to get them off of my cameras. He came out of the hospital with three stitches, a couple of latex gloves, a stuffed dog (the ones that people make and donate), a bunch of stickers and some bandaids that he refuses to use.

Now I am in the middle of making a King Cake for Lainey's school project tomorrow. Needless to say it has been a long day.

Comments

WOW! You guys have had quite the week! We hope that you all feel better soon!
Rebekah said…
Sounds like you've had one of those weeks where you need to hide and cry about it. I've had the same kind of week...
Whoa, no fun. I hope you guys get feeling better. We've had that same cruddy sick over at our house too. Luckily no cuts though!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time no See

Memories!?!?!?

Update on life...