Things learned when your world falls apart.

Now that most of our crisis is over I have time to reflect. I am grateful for the blessings and tender mercies I saw through most of Pete's illness. They helped me keep perspective and get through.

First of all - I found I was strong enough to go through that. The only thing harder would have been having one of the boys sick, but even then I would be grateful for Pete being there to lean on.

I also remembered I do have a testimony of Jesus Christ and his love for us. Our prayers are answered. Sometimes this happens in ways I didn't think of, but somehow everything worked out. Its funny sometimes how your solutions are not always Heavenly Father's. I am very thankful for a Relief Society president that listens and understands me but also listens to promptings of the holy ghost.

I realized children are resiliant. My boys put up with a lot of shuffling and time away from mommy. Friends and family were so supportive through all of it.

I learned that true friends aren't necessarily the kind you hang out with all the time. I had friends that I haven't talked to for years inspire me and give me the comfort that I needed.

I have been amazed by the softening I have seen in Pete, There is still conflict, I can see that, but I can see the strides he has taken through this whole thing. I know that the conflict will get worse, that is the way of it, but he will come through a much better man, and he is already pretty good.

I know things happen for a reason and I am no believer in coincidence.

I also felt for the first time that I want to get myself ready to go to the Temple. This is the first time in my life I have felt this desire. I am so grateful for the Atonement, I am trying to work my way back to where I need to be.

Comments

leadatortilla said…
Great post! I love the comment about friends not being just the ones we see everyday.... so true. I hope you have a lovely day!
Sarah said…
Hey Em, It is good to hear the positive and uplifting tone of your post. Heavenly Father loves you and those little feelings of wanting to go to the temple are so special. Even going to walk around the temple grounds or sit in the temple visitors center and watch movies are one more step in the right direction. You are a stronger woman than I am, I don't know that I could have gone through what you are going through right now.
I sure love you,
Sarah
Summers Family said…
Go Emily go! I am happy for you! Happy that you can see all the good in your life. It is not easy to do.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time no See

Memories!?!?!?

Update on life...