Hmmm.... Thinking again.

...I'm afraid I've been thinking... A dangerous pastime, I know....

Anyway I have been thinking about gratitude. We often remember to show gratitude to he who created us for the things we have and his hand in our lives, probably not enough, but that would be the first place I reflect my gratitude.

I often take for granted the people in my life that do so much for me. I am sure at times they feel unappreciated, especially those who are closest to me.

I was watching Good Morning America the other day and saw that someone had written a book on this same topic that has been on my mind. I think I might have to get it and read it.

The book is called 365 Thank Yous by John Kralik. He was talking on GMA about hitting a low in his life and how doing a Thank you every day changed his outlook and his life.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/excerpt-365-yous-john-kralik/story?id=12402610

Gratitude I think can be a pretty powerful thing. I think it not only changes the outlook others have on you and whether you appreciate them, I think that you change and find more ways to be thankful.

I am thankful for Rebekah who works hard collecting and assembling pictures into a family calendar. That is a lot of people to keep track of on one calendar.

I am thankful to my sisters for the conversations and the friendship.

I am thankful for my parents and the help they give me in the hard times, in turn I am thankful for my mother-in-law who does the same. They each help the best they can and it has gotten us through some rough patches.

I am thankful for friends who have given me advice and inspiration when I have needed it most.

I am thankful for my husband who puts up with my crap and is there when I need him.

I am hoping to show more gratitude to those around me and I hope they an feel appreciated.

Comments

Rebekah said…
Honestly, I enjoy making the calendars, it's very fulfilling. It's the gathering of the photos that KILLS ME! :) THANKS!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time no See

Memories!?!?!?

Update on life...