New Year, New Goals, New Us!

Okay, so we aren't new, but there is so much more that is. I needed a place to put some goals down in print.

1) Finances - We are tired of the paycheck to paycheck lifestyle. We are buckling down and doing two things for this year

  • Starting to save - yes, I have a 401k and retirement through work, but actively putting money into an account we can't touch very easily so we can do things like go on a vacation or something. Or for those little emergencies. 
  • We don't have a ton of debt, but it would be nice to get all that under control so that is goal number 2.
2) Health - I say health because I am not feeling like Diet is the best word. To accomplish this I am going to take the following baby steps

  • Cut out soda - for real this time. This will include doing a Plexus subscription. I already know it helps me crave less sugar. But I need to get a grip on this now
  • Exercise - yes I am writing this down for follow through and accountability reasons. Get a second hand Wii and keep it in my room and set a schedule. I need to be more active.
  • Food - I will get there - one step at a time, I need to take care of the first two first.
3) Spiritual - This is one that is always hard for me, but I need to take the next baby steps

  • Scriptures - personal and family
  • Prayer - personal and family
  • Come Follow Me curriculum - I think this one scares me the most. Mostly because I have been so terrible in teaching my kids at times. I need to write it down though, they say if you write it down, you are more likely to be successful. 
Now I just need a good way to keep track of this and make sure that I am not to hard on myself when I slip, because slips happen.

This is all that comes to my mind for today, but it is enough, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Time no See

Memories!?!?!?

Update on life...